Blaze Capital, and designated service providers of Blaze Capital, may collect, process, use, and disclose Personal Information and Other Information in connection with your use of the Blaze Capital Services. Blaze Capital will take reasonable steps to handle such Personal Information and Other Information fairly and to ensure compliance with applicable laws in relation to the collection, use, and disclosure of such information. Our privacy commitment includes ensuring the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of our clients’ Personal Information and allowing our clients to request access to, and correction of, their Personal Information.
Blaze Capital may collect the following Personal Information from or about you:
(1) Personal Information we collect directly from you in connection with the use of our Websites, such as when you register to use the Websites or request information from us: Blaze Capital may collect and maintain Personal Information about you, and about any person or entity on whose behalf you are acting, that you provide to us on the Websites, such as when you register to use the Websites, obtain or use any of the Blaze Capital Services, request information or materials from us, or otherwise interact with our Websites. In addition, Blaze Capital or designated service providers of Blaze Capital may take photographs for security purposes and for inclusion in the people directory on the Slack Workspace, which is available to Blaze Capital users worldwide. The types of Personal Information we collect vary based on your particular interaction with us, but could include:
There are also certain third-party cookies that reside on our Websites that collect Personal Information, such as information that uniquely identifies your IP address, browser and internet device that may be used by these third parties to, among other things, build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on the Websites and other websites.
If you prefer that we not combine your information that has been collected, through cookies, about your use of the Websites, then please delete and disable cookies for each browser, on each computer you use to surf the web. Most browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually set your browser to disable cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent. Likewise, most mobile devices allow you to disable the ability for geo-location information to be collected from your mobile device. The help function on most browsers and mobile devices contains instructions on how to set your browser to notify you before accepting cookies, disable cookies entirely, or disable the collection of geo-location data. Thus, if you use multiple browsers (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.), you should repeat this procedure with each one. Similarly, if you connect to the web from multiple devices (e.g., work and home), you need to set each browser on each device. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be able to utilize additional cookie management tools. However, if you disable cookies or refuse to accept a request to place a cookie, it is possible that some parts of the Websites, such as the polls, surveys, contests, and product sales, and certain areas of the Websites for which you need to log in, will not function properly, and the advertising you receive when you visit the Websites may not be advertisements tailored to your interests.
We only collect, use, and disclose Personal Information and Other Information that is necessary for the following purposes:
We may also use programs, software, and applications, including, without limitation, Google Analytics, to analyze typical user behavior, improve the Websites, and in connection with our business or operations; and, for security purposes and to ensure the availability of the Websites, we may also use programs, software and applications to monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage to the Websites or Blaze Capital.
We may disclose Personal and Other Information to third parties for the following purposes, as permitted by law:
(2) Service providers: We may disclose Personal Information and Other Information to our service providers, who use it to perform tasks on Blaze Capital’s behalf. Among other things, these service providers help us manage and improve the Websites, provide Blaze Capital services, mail disclosures and statements to you, and administer your accounts. Our service providers may collect, process, and retain information about you directly on behalf of Blaze Capital. Blaze Capital’s service providers include:
(4) Market research: We also may provide information to market research companies or affiliates of Blaze Capital for the purpose of assessing information about our business or client base. We may provide our clients’ or prospective clients’ contact details to market research companies to undertake research on behalf of Blaze Capital. For example, we may run client satisfaction surveys or run focus groups on proposed products.
(6) Offers and promotions: Blaze Capital may also share your Personal Information (excluding security photographs) with a sponsor or other third party that provides you with offers or promotions that may be of interest to you. If you choose to participate, we or third parties may request your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other information where it is necessary to ensure your eligibility and to comply with lottery and gaming regulations.
(7) Aggregated information: Blaze Capital may share with other third parties information about the users of our Websites and the services provided on the Websites, but only on an unattributed and aggregate basis.
Blaze Capital, its designated service providers, third-party advertisers and their advertising servers may also place or recognize unique cookies on your computer or use other electronic tools in order to help display advertisements that you see on the Websites. Information about your visits to, and activity on, the Websites, an IP address, the number of times you have viewed an advertisement, and other such usage information is used, alone or in combination with other information, to display on your device screen advertisements that may be of particular interest to you. We may use web beacons, provided by third-party advertising companies, to help manage and optimize our online advertising and product performance. Web beacons enable us to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits the Websites, and to learn which banner ads bring users to the Websites. Our third-party service providers and third-party advertisers will ensure that they handle your Personal Information in accordance with the requirements of PIPA and PIPEDA. Blaze Capital adheres to the industry’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising located here.
Blaze Capital may collect, use or disclose Personal Information without your knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
· when the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information is permitted or required by law (including subpoenas, search warrants, court orders and government orders);
· in an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security;
· when we require legal advice from a lawyer;
· for the purposes of collecting a debt;
· in connection with criminal justice, taxation or regulatory activities;
· to protect ourselves from fraud or to protect the rights and property of Blaze Capital;
· to investigate an anticipated breach of an agreement or a contravention of law; or
· in the event of a reorganization, merger or sale of Blaze Capital.
If you would like to access, review, correct, delete, or inquire about your information, place limitations on the collection or processing of your information, or revoke your consent, you may send us a request at the address or email provided in the Contact Us section below. In your message, please indicate the right you would like to exercise and the information that you would like to access, review, correct, or delete. Please note that we may need to take additional steps, such as to verify your identity, before we can grant your request. As permitted by law, we will notify you of the basis for any denial of your request. Please note that (i) the opt-out process may take some time to complete, consistent with applicable law; and (ii) even after such opt-out process is completed, your Personal Information may continue to be shared with our affiliates (including affiliated websites under common ownership or control) and designated service providers.
To opt out of advertising cookies placed by participating companies in the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising, and thereby limit the tracking of your online activity and the targeted advertising you receive, please click here. To opt out of advertising cookies placed by the Network Advertising Initiative’s online behavioral advertising member networks, and thereby limit the tracking of your online activity and the targeted advertising you receive, please click here. To opt-out of advertising cookies for Your Online Choices if you are based in the EU, please click here.
DoubleClick for Publishers and other designated service providers assist Blaze Capital with advertisement display functions and related analytics for the Websites. To opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, including Demographics and Interest Reporting, please click here. To opt out of Facebook advertising on OTT devices, please click here.
Please note that Personal Information you have published on any chat room or forum, including any chat room or forum on the Websites, may remain publicly available even if you request that such Personal Information is internally deleted by Blaze Capital.
Any Personal Information you provide to Blaze Capital is kept on secure servers. Blaze Capital uses security measures appropriate to the provision of the relevant product or service, such as reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to: (a) safeguard Personal Information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification; and (b) ensure the integrity of the Personal Information. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security all of the time. If you have online account access, we recommend that you take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your user name and password private.
Blaze Capital retains Personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it is collected, including legitimate business reasons, and/or legal and regulatory requirements. After this time, any Personal Information you have provided to us will be securely destroyed, deleted or made anonymous. If we use Personal Information to make a decision that directly affects our clients, we will retain that Personal Information for at least one year after we make a decision so that they have a reasonable opportunity to request it.
You have the right to access your Personal Information, subject to limited exceptions under applicable laws such as solicitor-client privilege, disclosure that would reveal Personal Information about another person, legal obligations and proprietary rights. Blaze Capital will assist you with your request. This includes:
All requests should be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the information being sought, and be directed to Blaze Capital. Blaze Capital may require further information defining the request more succinctly.
We will respond to written requests within 30 business days of receiving such a request. We will either make the requested information available within that time period, or provide written notice of an extension where additional time is required to fulfill the request. If Blaze Capital cannot fulfill your request in full or in part, you will be provided with a response in writing that documents the reason for refusal and the recourse available to you. Please note that our ability to grant you access and answer the above requests regarding Personal Information that has been disclosed on certain Websites operated by third parties is limited.
A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to Personal Information, where permitted under applicable law. Where a fee applies, we will inform you of the cost and request further directions from you on whether or not we should proceed with your request.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, you should contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia:
Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia
4th Floor, 947 Fort Street,
Victoria BC V8V 3K3
Phone: (250) 387-5629
Toll Free: Callers outside Victoria can contact the office toll-free by calling Enquiry BC requesting a transfer to (250) 387-5629
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.oipc.bc.ca